17 March 2013

In this blog I'm going to demonstrate colour blending, creating a very bold look, and then blending it down with a white. This look is based on MUA's eye colours, they have amazing pigment and stay on all day and are only £1 each (I shit you not). What I love about MUA's shades is that they actually deliver the colour they are in the pot in the first stroke.

Purple is one of my favourite colours, for blue eyes it's such a versatile colour, it brightens the whites of your eyes and oddly brings out a green to your iris - however this may just be me, I have grey/blue eyes which seem to change colour with the weather!
I've used a thin flat brush to apply the purple base coat, MUA's Pearl Eyeshadow in shade no.9 has a fab shimmer to it, so you don't want a looser brush (or you may find you have a shimmery nose and cheeks too!) You can see from the photo that the purple is very bold, further on I will show how to bring this shade down.

Using an angle contour brush dab it into the black, I used MUA's Matte Eyeshadow in shade 20 (£1) as the black need to be a matt shade rather than a pearl for creating a smoky look. Brush the black from the outside corner of your eye running along the socket, and then along the outer end of the lash line (creating a V-shape) from the outer corner of your eye. By this point you may be worrying that you are starting to look a bit drag queen with the bold colours going on on your lids, but fear not this will be addressed.

Revert back to the flat brush and dip it in the purple again, smooth this across your lids to blend the dark corners into the purple.

Then with the angle contour brush draw a thin line with the purple along your lower lashes. I like to reuse the brush I used for the black, as it adds a bit of definition, but if you prefer not to mix colours (and have an endless supply of brushes) then use a separate brush if it suits you.

So now comes the white stuff - I used a softer brush to sweep the white shade from MUA's Immaculate Collection (£8) over the lids, and it instantly brings the colour down to a beautiful lilac shimmer.

To frame the eyes I drew a line across the top lashes with Max Factor's Kohl Eye Liner (£4.99), and built it up gradually with a slight flick at the corner, followed by lashes of mascara, I used Maybelline's Volum' Express® The Falsies Mascara (£7.99), and as you can see from the pics I am a firm believer that you can never have a mascara on!

Hope you liked the blog post, I enjoy doing ones like this, so do let me know if you want to see more or any things you'd like me to cover.
Posted by Unknown On 12:43 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Youtube
  • googleplus

Contact Me / PR


Drop me an email facefactsblog@gmail.com

    Blogger news

    Blogroll

    About