4 May 2013

As the lucky owner of some John Lewis vouchers, I
decided to treat myself to some beauty pampering from the beauty floor. In search of the perfect blusher I went to the Bobbi Brown counter and got thoroughly spoilt by their makeup artists where I learnt about Bobbi's "pop" method.
"Blush is used to create a healthy, pretty look. Different formulas can be used , depending on the desired finish or time of year. The right shade will add a pretty brightness to the face without looking obvious."
- Bobbi Brown

In search of a spring glow the BB makeup artist suggested fresh pinks and used Bobbi Brown blush Pastel Pink 33 (£18). I prefer a matt blush, I'm not a massive fan of shimmers on the cheeks as I like my cheeks to look naturally flushed. Bobbi Brown herself recommends topping a neutral blush, (which should be the colour your cheeks naturally go when you exercise), with a “pop” of a brighter shade right on the apples of the cheeks.

For the 'pop' shade, the BB makeup artist used Bobbi Brown blush in Pale Pink (09) (£18) which really brought out a fab glow - see the test paper that she gave me. The best way to apply blusher is to smile and then apply it with a rounded brush to the 'apples' of your cheeks and blend it up into the hairline

If I had the money I would have bought both shades, but I just treated myself to the base Pastel Pink 33 blusher, and at home I've been using the MUA blusher shade 2 (£1); at £1 each it's a snip of the price of the £18 Bobbi Brown blusher, its allot darker than I'd use usually, but as a soft pop of colour on the apples over the Bobbi Brown blusher, it works perfectly.



 

I've been wearing just the Bobbi Brown shade Pastel Pink 33 during the day and then adding a pop of the MUA for after-work drinks to get a bolder 'evening' look...but the evening drinks aren't really helping me save the pennies to get the brighter Bobbi Brown Pale Pink (09) shade - maybe next pay check ;-)

Here's Bobbi Brown's official video tutorial on blusher application:


Posted by Unknown On 22:07 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Youtube
  • googleplus

Contact Me / PR


Drop me an email facefactsblog@gmail.com

    Blogger news

    Blogroll

    About