8 April 2013

Hi there - apologies for the radio silence, but I've been away skiing in the mountains. I'm a bit online security-conscious, so didn't mention anything before, but it's good to be back peeps!

Refreshing balcony manicure - bit chilly! using 5 different shades of purples and lilacs









I go skiing every year with my family, and my cousin and I have taken to spending our evenings manicuring to match our ski gear. The phrase "all the gear, no idea" comes to mind, but looking good on the slopes is all part of the fun. My ski colours are purple and white (although as we discovered, this does cause issues when stuck in a blizzard as my top half disappears, and I become quite hard to find!) My cousin is a snow boarder and has a more edgy turquoise and orange look, which I created a diagonal split manicure to cover both shades of her outfit.

Turquoise and orange diagonals
In previous years we've found that a normal manicure doesn't last as long in the mountains - as the freezing conditions often cause the polish (and nails) to become a bit more brittle , so it often chips sooner than usual.

So this year I went for a gel manicure from my good friend makeup artist Rosie Lee, using Gelish, as they have a much more varied range of colours than Gellux. Gel polishes can be mixed to create bespoke shades, and the advantage to gel polish is that they dont set until the UV lamp exposure, so the colour can be mixed perfectly without rushing before it dries. We experimented with some 'inter-breeding' between different brands of gel polish and can conclude that this does indeed work.

To get the perfect shade to match my skiing purple, we mixed A.S.P Signature's Shocking Pink with Gellux's Purely White and Midnight Satin shades and in homage to my snow-like colours, I had an odd white nail on my ring finger which I rather loved. I took my ski jacket along to the manicure so Rosie could mix it to match perfectly - and what an awesome job - it's spot on! The full manicure can be seen below, plus for laughs - evidence that I completed a black run....conclusive proof that effective manicure improves performance!


Evidence that I completed a black run....conclusive proof that effective manicure improves performance! (lol)

Posted by Unknown On 16:48 2 comments

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes Rosie - you are a legend! :-) I think it may be time for festive christmas manicure.....

      Delete

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Youtube
  • googleplus

Contact Me / PR


Drop me an email facefactsblog@gmail.com

    Blogger news

    Blogroll

    About