26 December 2012

Season’s greetings all, hope you got everything you wished for under the tree this year. I experienced a first this year though - I bought a present for myself on behalf of someone else!

Buying your own presents is something that I thought only 'grownups' did (each year my mum buys herself some nice knitwear from M&S, and gives it to granny to wrap up and give back to her - she's perfected the surprise face). This year I had the generous pressie of money upfront, before xmas day – but rather than sensibly popping it in the savings account, I thought I'd treat myself to some premium cosmetics and give myself something to feign surprise at opening on xmas day.

So with the help of the elves at Space NK I have a new Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser, at £33 a tube it is quite a treat, but as I've been a good girl all year (honest), it's a well-deserved pressie. I personally don't like bases that are too heavy, so for me, this is perfect as it gives great coverage, but at the same time it's beautifully light so you don’t feel like you’ve got a full face on.

My only slight comment would be that as a naturally oily-skinned girl, Laura Mercier's tinted moisturiser excels best with a primer underneath. The first time I bought this I got the original verson (not oil free) and tried it with Laura Mercier Primer underneath and ooh'd and rrrrr'd at its wonderful silky texture, but at another £28 a tube for their primer, the shopping basket can get a bit pricey.

So this xmas I took advantage of Laura Mercier’s oil-free version of their tinted moisturiser, which comes in exactly the same shades as the original; so no re-swatching to find my perfect match, and no more delicate dabbing at 'the sheen'.

So this year I officially joined the 'grownups' with buying pressies for myself, and although there was some pantomimed surprise on my part, there was no need for any fake smiles, as I got exactly what I wanted this year.

Posted by Unknown On 12:32 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Youtube
  • googleplus

Contact Me / PR


Drop me an email facefactsblog@gmail.com

    Blogger news

    Blogroll

    About